Temecula Preparatory School (TPS) was founded in September 2000. It is a California, public (tuition-free), non-profit, charter school which offers classes for Kindergarten – 12th grade. Its curriculum is “Virtue Centric” and based upon the four classical virtues articulated by Plato: Justice, Prudence, Temperance, and Fortitude. TPS utilizes the classical model of education which inspires students “how to think” versus “what to think.” The classical model is based on the Trivium which has three (3) stages: Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric. These stages build upon one another in order to fully “train the mind.”
- Year Founded: 2000
- Public (Free-No Tuition), Charter School; Non-Profit 501(c)3
- Grades Offered: K-12
- Enrollment (Avg): 1050
- Waiting List (Avg): 1500+
- API Score (2013, K-12 Composite): 879
- California Distinguished School
- Earned 6 year, K-12 WASC Accreditation
- US News & World Report – “America’s Best High Schools” (2015 & 2016)
- Over 90% of students, who apply, are accepted into a College or University of their choice.
- 6th through 8th Grade Intramural Sports
- High School CIF Championship Sports Teams
COMING SOON . . . STOPit submission will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. STOPit is monitored and reviewed during schools hours only, so if this is an emergency please call 911. More information on this program will be provided soon.