2019-20 Lottery Application Deadline was
Temecula Preparatory School (TPS) was founded in September 2000. It is a California, public (tuition-free), non-profit, charter school which offers classes for Kindergarten – 12th grade. Its curriculum is “Virtue Centric” and based upon the four classical virtues articulated by Plato: Justice, Prudence, Temperance, and Fortitude. TPS utilizes the classical model of education which inspires students “how to think” versus “what to think.” The classical model is based on the Trivium which has three (3) stages: Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric. These stages build upon one another in order to fully “train the mind.”
- Year Founded: 2000
- Public (Free-No Tuition), Charter School; Non-Profit 501(c)3
- Classical Curriculum
- Grades Offered: K-12 (we do not offer a TK program)
- Enrollment (Avg): 1050
- Waiting List (Avg): 1500+
- API Score (2013, K-12 Composite): 879
- California Distinguished School
- WASC Accredited (K-12)
- US News & World Report – “America’s Best High Schools” (2015 & 2016)
- Over 90% of students, who apply, are accepted into a College or University of their choice.
- 6th through 8th Grade Intramural Sports
- High School CIF Championship Sports Teams
Washington Street, from E Benton Road to Abelia Street, will be closed starting May 13th. TPS Parents – An email with additional details was sent on 3/8. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or call the school office. Please click on the image below to see the detour map.
TPS is committed to students’ safety and well being. STOPit is an online reporting tool designed to deter and mitigate bullying, cyber abuse, and other inappropriate behaviors through an anonymous online platform.
NOTE: STOPit submission will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. STOPit is monitored and reviewed during schools hours only, so if you have an emergency please call 911.
Click on the icon below to visit the STOPit page.