BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR LOTTERY APPLICATION, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
After you click on the “Apply for the 2020-21 School Year Here” button below and then click “Login”, you will have several options:
IF YOU APPLIED TO TPS FOR PREVIOUS SCHOOL YEARS: Please enter your email and password you used to create your account in order to log in (on the left side). If you previously signed in using the Google button shown below, you must log in using the Google button again.
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME APPLYING TO TPS: You can start by using one of the following options.
- Sign in with Google by selecting the red Google button (on the right side)
- create a user account by clicking on the “Sign up” link under the red Google button (on the right side).
2019-20 Lottery Applicants
The deadline to submit a 2019-20 lottery application was on April 1, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
If you submitted a lottery application by the 2019-20 deadline, the following may be helpful information:
UPDATE (5/8/19): Emails providing the number your child was pulled in the lottery pull on April 30th were sent on the evening of 5/6/19. If you did not receive an email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request the information. Please include your child’s name. We will not provide information over the phone. We will respond as quickly as we can, but ask for your patience during this busy time.
WE HAVE NOT SENT OUT ANY OFFERS OF ENROLLMENT YET, BUT WE WILL BE SOON.
UPDATE (4/30/19): All applications that were submitted during the open application time period (June 1, 2018 through April 1, 2019) were pulled this morning starting at approximately 9:30 a.m. All applicants will receive an email within a week of today that will provide information on what number their child was pulled in the grade level applied for. The purpose of this email is simply to let you know what number your child was pulled in the lottery. IT IS NOT AN OFFER OF ENROLLMENT. Please review the bulleted information under “Update (4/18/19)” for additional information. Please note that we will not provide any lottery information over the phone. Any requests for information must be requested through email@example.com. We will not be able to provide lottery pull information until after the official email is sent to everyone.
UPDATE (4/15/19): We are currently working through some technical difficulties with sending the email referred to in the first bullet below to Yahoo email addresses and we have also noted that many applicants are only receiving information for one child, even when they applied for multiple children. We ask for your patience while these kinks are worked out.
· By April 15th, you will be receiving an email from TPS with important information about your application and lottery pull information. The subject line in the email will read, “TPS Lottery Pull Code ###### and Reminder”. Please check your spam if you do not see this email.
· The lottery pull will take place on April 30th at 9:30 a.m. in our Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) at 35777 Abelia Street, Winchester. Attending the lottery pull is not mandatory and does not affect the way your child is pulled in the lottery.
· All applicants will receive an email within a few days of the lottery pull which provides what number your child was pulled in the grade level you applied for.
· We will begin offering available spots to families, via email, as soon as possible after the lottery pull. The waiting list starts with #1 for each grade level. Open spots are filled by contacting the first name on the waiting list (#1) until all available spots are filled.
· Each family is given two business days (48 hours) to respond to an offer of enrollment that is sent to the email address you provided on your application. If no contact has been made within the two business days, a phone call will be placed to the primary phone number you provided on your application and one additional business day (24 hours) will be allowed for your response. Once this deadline passes or a parent declines the spot, we remove the applicant from our waiting list and move on to the next person on the waiting list.
· If you are not contacted in May, that does not mean that a spot will not become available to you in the future. We fill spots as they become available, through the summer weeks, and throughout the school year that you applied for.
· With the exception of kindergarten, initially there are few spots available. Very often, the two weeks prior to our school start date is when we have the most movement. Our 2019-20
· We ask you to keep in mind that if you have multiple children on the waiting list in different grade levels, that potentially you could be offered a spot for one child and not the other(s). Remember, applicants are pulled by grade level, not by family. If you decline a spot that is offered and then in the future another spot is offered to another child in your family, we cannot go back and reinstate the status of the child you declined.