2023-24 Lottery Application Deadline is Friday, March 31, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.
Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year. If you are having issues submitting a lottery application for 2023-24, you must contact email@example.com BEFORE the deadline on 3/31/23.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE YOU START YOUR APPLICATION
Thank you for your interest in applying to Temecula Preparatory School! Please read ALL of the information below, before you begin your application. The deadline to apply for the 2023-24 school year is March 31, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.
- Unfortunately, most Yahoo emails are blocked from receiving our application manager email blasts. If you have a different email provider (such as Gmail) we would suggest using that email address. While using a Yahoo email address does NOT prohibit you from applying or affect your child from being pulled in the lottery, it does affect our ability to communicate with you.
- Using a laptop or desktop computer tends works best when submitting an application. Using a smart phone or tablet can be problematic.
- The “Lottery Application and Lottery Pull Q&A” section below has helpful information after you apply. All applicants should review this information.
- After you click on the “Click Here to Submit a 2023-24 Lottery Application” button below, click “Login”, and there will be several options:
IF YOU APPLIED TO TPS FOR PREVIOUS SCHOOL YEARS: Please enter your email and password you used to create your account in order to log in (on the left side). If you previously signed in using the Google sign in option, you must log in using the Google sign in option again.
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME APPLYING TO TPS: When you click on the blue button below, it will take you to a login page. You will have two options to sign up:
- Sign in with Google by selecting the Google sign in button (on the right side)
- create a user account by clicking on the “Sign up” link under the Google sign in button (on the right side).
- If you have any issues submitting your application or you do not have access to a computer to submit an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE the noted deadline. THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 31, 2023 at 3:30. PM.
- The date you apply is not information used to pull your application in the lottery, so it does not matter whether you apply on the first date the application is available or the last date the application is available.
- Transitional Kindergarten: A parent can apply for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) if their child is 4 years of age and will turn 5 years of age between September 2 and April 2, 2023.
- Kindergarten: All kindergarten students must be age 5 on or before September 1 of the school year in which the parent/guardian seeks enrollment.
- First Grade: All students must be at least age 6 by September 1 of the school year in which the parent/guardian seeks enrollment in first grade, not to exceed the age of 19, unless the student was continuously enrolled in public school prior to age 19 and the student is being served under the term of an Individualized Education Program, and/or the school or program qualifies for an exemption from the general prohibition on serving students over age 19 and in accordance with the California Education Code §§ 48010, 48011, 48210 and 47612.
District Expulsion: Students who have been expelled from the Charter School’s authorizing district (Temecula Valley Unified School District), where the expulsion order states they must attend a specific school, are not eligible to be admitted to the Charter School.
SUBMITTING MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION? After submitting your first application, go back to the TPS website home page, click on the “Apply Now” tab (which brings you to this page) and click on the blue button below. A blank application will be provided.
- If you are applying for same-grade siblings, the email you use must be the same.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU APPLY? You will receive a generic email confirmation that we received your application. In April, you will begin receiving communications from us. The communications will go to the email that you used to create your log in. Please note that for security reasons, we cannot change the email address you used to create your log in. The first email in April will offer you the opportunity to review your child’s application and make any corrections, if necessary.
The lottery pull is scheduled for April 28, 2023 starting at 10:00 a.m. at Temecula Preparatory School. Applicants are NOT required to attend the lottery pull and there is NO preference given in how applicants are pulled, based on attendance.
Lottery Application and Lottery Pull Q&A
All applicants will start receiving communications from TPS starting in early to mid April. The information will ask you to review important application information for accuracy and share lottery pull date details. Unfortunately Yahoo has blocked many of our bulk emails from being received. Check back on this page to see what you may have missed if you do not receive an email by mid April.
The lottery pull is scheduled for April 28, 2023 starting at 10:00 a.m. at Temecula Preparatory School. You are NOT required to attend the lottery pull and there is NO preference given in how applicants are pulled, based on attendance.
Since TPS always has more applicants than we have spots for enrollment, the lottery pull is to establish the waiting list for each grade-level. Every applicant who applies is part of the lottery pull. The number the applicant is pulled, is the number they are placed on the waiting list for the grade-level applied for.
All information used to pull the lottery, including your child’s grade level, is from the information you provided on the lottery application. Unfortunately, if you submitted the incorrect grade level, we cannot move your child to the correct grade-level waiting list and give them the same number as they were pulled in the lottery. We can move your child to the bottom of the waiting list in the correct grade, if you request us to do so. If you find this is the case after the lottery pull is completed, please email email@example.com and include your request. Please make sure to include your child’s full name (or identification code) and the grade level that you would like us to move the child to.
No. If you are not contacted in May, that does not mean that a spot will not become available to you in the upcoming weeks, throughout the summer, or during the school year for which you applied if a vacancy occurs. We fill spots as they become available. We always suggest that you keep an open mind about taking a spot during the school year, especially if you have a higher number (1 is the best number on the waiting list for each grade-level and the farther away from number 1 that you are, the less likely it is that we will get to your number).
Since applicants are pulled by grade-level and NOT by family, it is very possible this could happen. Please remember that if you choose to decline a spot because your other children have not been offered a spot and in the future another spot is offered to another child in your family, we cannot go back and reinstate the status of the spot you declined.
We currently have one TK class of 20, three kindergarten classes with 24 students in each class, and three classes of grade 1 through 6 (grade 1 has 25 students in each class and each grade-level goes up by 1 with 6th grade being at 30). Remember that students who are currently enrolled at TPS automatically rollover to the next grade level. Spots are offered based on vacancies due to the increase in class size from grade to grade or because a student leaves TPS. TK does not have any students feeding into that class. PLEASE NOTE: Sometimes there is a need to retain students in K-6. To use kindergarten as an example, just because we do not have anyone feeding into kindergarten, there could be students who would benefit by repeating this grade-level and therefore, we would not be able to offer all 72 spots. In grades 7 through 12, we have approximately 90 students in each grade-level. We will offer all available spots in each grade-level based on what we have available.
We will begin offering available spots, via email and/or phone call approximately one week after the lottery pull date. This process can take some time. Each family is given a specific amount of time to respond to our offer.
- The waiting list starts with #1 for each grade level. Open spots are filled by contacting the first name on the waiting list (#1) until all available spots are filled.
- Spots are first offered via email to the email that you created your application with. The applicant is given 48 hours to respond. We then call the applicant and give an additional 24 hours to respond and a deadline to contact us to accept enrollment.
- If a parent declines a spot, we move on to the next number. If a parent does not respond to our offer of enrollment by the designated deadline, we move on the next number
Unfortunately, it is impossible to let you know how many spots there are available for each grade-level at this time. With the exception of Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and this year’s Kindergarten class, there are typically very few spots available. Our TK class does not have students feeding into it and since there is only one TK class feeding into three kindergarten classes, there are only a small number feeding into kindergarten. All other grade-levels already have students rolling over into their next grade-level. The spots available for 1st through 12th grade are based on whether a currently enrolled student is not returning to our school in the Fall or because there is an increase in our maximum class size from one grade to the next. Very often, the two weeks prior to our school start date is when we have the most movement.
No. Once the lottery is pulled, we cannot change it. We cannot put a child in front of another child on the waiting list once the waiting list is established. If one of your children is enrolled, you are welcome to apply for your other children for the next school year as siblings. This will give them priority in the lottery year you are applying for.
2023-24 Lottery Applicant Communications
This section will be updated after the lottery application deadline for 2023-24.