2021-22 Lottery Pull
The 2021-22 lottery pull took place today (April 30th) at approximately 9:30 am. Due to COVID-19, the lottery pull took via the TPS Facebook page (live). You can review the video feed on the TPS Facebook page. We will send an email with each applicant’s lottery pull information within a week of April 30th.
Please review the important information in the “Information for 2021-22 Lottery Applicants” Q&A section below.
The deadline to submit a 2021-22 lottery application was on
March 31, 2021 at 3:30 p.m.
Unfortunately, we are not able to make any exceptions to this deadline. If you did apply by the 2021-22 deadline, please review the “Information for 2021-22 Lottery Applicants” section below.
Information for 2021-22 Lottery Applicants
Lottery Application and Lottery Pull Q&A
All applicants will start receiving communications from TPS starting in early to mid April. The information will ask you to review important application information for accuracy and share lottery pull date details. Unfortunately Yahoo has blocked many of our bulk emails from being received. Check back on this page to see what you may have missed if you do not receive an email by mid April.
For safety reasons, due to COVID-19, the 2021-22 Lottery Pull will be hosted virtually on a live video feed on the TPS Facebook page starting at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, April 30, 2021.
Since TPS always has more applicants than we have spots for enrollment, the lottery pull is to establish the waiting list for each grade-level. Every applicant who applied for the 2021-22 school year, is part of the lottery pull. The number the applicant is pulled, is the number they are placed on the waiting list for the grade-level applied for.
All information used to pull the lottery, including your child’s grade level, is from the information you provided on the lottery application. Unfortunately, if you submitted the incorrect grade level, we cannot move your child to the correct grade-level waiting list and give them the same number as they were pulled in the lottery. We can move your child to the bottom of the waiting list in the correct grade, if you request us to do so. If you find this is the case after the lottery pull is completed, please email email@example.com and include your request. Please make sure to include your child’s full name (or identification code) and the grade level that you would like us to move the child to.
No. If you are not contacted in May, that does not mean that a spot will not become available to you in the upcoming weeks, throughout the summer, or during the school year for which you applied if a vacancy occurs. We fill spots as they become available. We always suggest that you keep an open mind about taking a spot during the school year, especially if you have a higher number (1 is the best number on the waiting list for each grade-level and the farther away from number 1 that you are, the less likely it is that we will get to your number).
Since applicants are pulled by grade-level and NOT by family, it is very possible this could happen. Please remember that if you choose to decline a spot because your other children have not been offered a spot and in the future another spot is offered to another child in your family, we cannot go back and reinstate the status of the spot you declined.
We currently have one TK class of 24, three kindergarten classes with 24 students in each class, and three classes of grade 1 through 6 (grade 1 has 25 students in each class and each grade-level goes up by 1 with 6th grade being at 30). Remember that students who are currently enrolled at TPS automatically rollover to the next grade level. Spots are offered based on vacancies due to the increase in class size from grade to grade or because a student leaves TPS. TK does not have any students feeding into the 2020-21 class. PLEASE NOTE: Sometimes there is a need to retain students in K-6. To use kindergarten as an example, just because we do not have anyone feeding into kindergarten, there could be students who would benefit by repeating this grade-level and therefore, we would not be able to offer all 72 spots. In grades 7 through 12, we have approximately 90 students in each grade-level. We will offer all available spots in each grade-level based on what we have available.
We will begin offering available spots, via email and/or phone call approximately one week after the lottery pull on April 30th. This process can take some time. Each family is given a specific amount of time to respond to our offer.
- The waiting list starts with #1 for each grade level. Open spots are filled by contacting the first name on the waiting list (#1) until all available spots are filled.
- Spots are first offered via email to the email that you created your application with. The applicant is given 48 hours to respond. We then call the applicant and give an additional 24 hours to respond and a deadline to contact us to accept enrollment.
- If a parent declines a spot, we move on to the next number. If a parent does not respond to our offer of enrollment by the designated deadline, we move on the next number
Unfortunately, it is impossible to let you know how many spots there are available for each grade-level at this time. With the exception of Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and this year’s Kindergarten class, there are typically very few spots available. Our TK class does not have students feeding into it and since there is only one TK class feeding into three kindergarten classes, there are only a small number feeding into kindergarten. All other grade-levels already have students rolling over into their next grade-level. The spots available for 1st through 12th grade are based on whether a currently enrolled student is not returning to our school in the Fall or because there is an increase in our maximum class size from one grade to the next. Very often, the two weeks prior to our school start date is when we have the most movement. Our first day of school is August 10th
No. Once the lottery is pulled, we cannot change it. We cannot put a child in front of another child on the waiting list once the waiting list is established. If one of your children is enrolled, you are welcome to apply for your other children for the next school year (2021-22) as siblings. This will give them priority in the 2021-22 lottery pull.
2021-22 Lottery Applicant Communications
An email was sent out to all applicants that applied for the 2021-22 school year. The following email was sent on May 6, 2021 to all applicants with their lottery pull information:
Thank you for applying for the 2021-22 school year at Temecula Preparatory School! We truly appreciate your interest and support of our school.
The purpose of this email is simply to let you know what number your child was pulled in the lottery. IT IS NOT AN OFFER OF ENROLLMENT.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
The information provided below, from left to right, will show your child’s grade level, first and last name of your child, and the number they were pulled in their grade level. Please note that the grade level in the information below, is the grade level you provided on your application. Unfortunately, if you submitted the incorrect grade level, we can only move your child to the bottom of the correct grade level waiting list, if you request it.
** Grade – ** [first name] ** [last name] – #** on the waiting list for the listed grade-level
Here are a few things to keep in mind regarding the waiting list and how the process of offering spots works:
- The lottery pull is conducted when there are more applicants than openings in grade-levels. The lottery pull includes all applicants who applied for the 2021-22 school year and the lottery pull establishes the waiting list for each grade-level. All applicants were pulled by grade-level and category.
- We will begin offering available spots to families, via email, as soon as possible, starting with #1 on each grade level’s list. Open spots are filled by contacting the first name on the waiting list (#1) until all available spots are filled. Again, this email is NOT an offer of enrollment. Offers of enrollment will be sent in a separate and specific email.
- Each family is given two business days (48 hours) to respond to an offer of enrollment that is sent to the email address you provided on your application. If no contact has been made within the two business days, a phone call will be placed to the first phone number you provided on your application and one additional business day (24 hours) will be allowed for your response. Once this deadline passes or a parent declines the spot, we remove the applicant from our waiting list and move on to the next person on the waiting list. Please check your email and voicemail regularly.
- If you are not contacted in May, that does not mean that a spot will not become available to you in the future. We fill spots as they become available, through the summer weeks, and throughout the school year that you applied for. We always suggest that you keep an open mind about taking a spot during the school year, especially if you have a higher number.
- With the exception of Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten, initially there are few spots available. Very often, the two weeks prior to our school start date is when we have the most movement.
- We ask you to keep in mind that if you have multiple children on the waiting list in different grade levels, potentially you could be offered a spot for one child and not the other(s). Remember, applicants are pulled by grade level, not by family. If you decline a spot that is offered and then in the future another spot is offered to another child in your family, we cannot go back and reinstate the status of the child you declined.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you as soon as possible. Please note that during this very busy time, our response may not be immediate. Please do not call our school office for lottery questions. Lottery questions are only answered via email. Thank you in advance for your patience!
The following email was sent out on April 16, 2021 to all lottery applicants:
SUBJECT LINE FOR EMAIL: **Updated w Grade** TPS Lottery Pull Code ***** and Information
Dear [Parent Name],
Thank you for your interest in Temecula Preparatory School and for applying for the 2021-22 lottery. Although we are moving forward with school plans, we don’t want to ignore the unprecedented times we have all faced this past year and we hope you and your family are safe and well. Our thoughts go out to everyone who has been directly affected by COVID-19.
As we prepare for the upcoming lottery, please take a moment to review your child’s lottery application details, lottery pull details, and general information. You DO NOT need to confirm that you received this email.
Student Name: *
Grade and Category for 2021-22: Entering [GRADE LEVEL]/[NUMBER INDICATING LOTTERY PULL CATEGORY – CATEGORY]
Student ID Code: [CODE YOU WILL NEED TO IDENTIFY YOUR CHILD IN THE LOTTERY PULL]
If your child does not meet the age requirements for Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten or 1st grade, they will automatically be removed from the lottery pull. If your child’s personal information or category details are not correct, please update your application no later than Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 3:30 p.m.
**Unverifiable or incorrect information will result in automatic placement at the bottom of the lottery wait list. If you applied for the wrong grade-level and the lottery is pulled, the only thing we can do is place your child at the bottom of the correct grade-level’s waiting list.**
1. Click on the following link to sign-in to our registration system and update your application: http://email.mailgun.codesmith
2. Email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help you. Due to the school closure, we do not have personnel to answer phone calls.
LOTTERY PULL INFORMATION:
Due to COVID-19, we will be hosting the TPS 2021-22 lottery publicly through a live Facebook feed on Friday, April 30th, starting at 9:30 a.m. Please go to our Facebook page at http://email.mailgun.codesmith
Within a week of the lottery pull, ALL parents will receive a separate email for each child that you submitted an application for. The email will provide the number they were pulled in the lottery, for the grade-level you applied for. Please review the following about the after lottery pull email:
The email you receive from firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Lottery Pull Information – Temecula Preparatory School’ is simply to let you know what number your child was pulled in the lottery process. It does NOT mean your child has a spot for enrollment.
TPS staff will begin reaching out to the parents of students we do have room for in mid-May, or sooner if possible. This communication will come via email and/or phone call using the information you provided on your application. This communication will very specifically indicate that we are offering your child a spot for the 2021-22 school year. This process can take some time, so we appreciate your patience.
There will be additional information provided to you in the ‘Lottery Pull Information’ email, but if you do have any questions at this time, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you as quickly as possible. Again, we ask that you do not call the school office with lottery questions.