Thank you for your interest in applying to Temecula Preparatory School! Please read ALL of the information below, before you begin your application. The deadline to apply for the 2024-25 school year is April 1, 2024 at 3:30 p.m. If you need assistance submitting an application, we are happy to help you. Please call 951-926-6776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You must communicate your need for assistance by the stated deadline. Please note that the deadline to apply for the 2023-24 school year has passed.
- Unfortunately, most Yahoo emails are blocked from receiving our application manager email blasts. If you have a different email provider (such as Gmail) we would suggest using that email address. While using a Yahoo email address does NOT prohibit you from applying or affect your child from being pulled in the lottery, it does affect our ability to communicate with you.
- Using a laptop or desktop computer tends works best when submitting an application. Using a smart phone or tablet can be problematic.
- The “Lottery Application and Lottery Pull Q&A” section below has helpful information after you apply. All applicants should review this information.
- After you click on the “Click Here to Submit a 2024-25 Lottery Application” button below, click “Login”, and there will be several options:
IF YOU APPLIED TO TPS FOR PREVIOUS SCHOOL YEARS: Please enter your email and password you used to create your account in order to log in (on the left side). If you previously signed in using the Google sign in option, you must log in using the Google sign in option again.
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME APPLYING TO TPS: When you click on the blue button below, it will take you to a login page. You will have two options to sign up:
- Sign in with Google by selecting the Google sign in button (on the right side)
- create a user account by clicking on the “Sign up” link under the Google sign in button (on the right side).
- If you have any issues submitting your application or you do not have access to a computer to submit an application, please email email@example.com BEFORE the noted deadline. THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 1, 2024 at 3:30. PM.
The date you apply is not information used to pull your application in the lottery, so it does not matter whether you apply on the first date the application is available or the last date the application is available.
SCHOOL ENTRY AGE REQUIREMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Transitional Kindergarten: A parent can apply for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) if their child is 4 years of age and will turn 5 years of age between September 2 and June 2 for the 2024-25 school year. (Child’s birthdate must be September 2, 2019 to June 2, 2020.)
- Kindergarten: All kindergarten students must be age 5 on or before September 1 of the school year in which the parent/guardian seeks enrollment. (Child’s birthdate must be September 2, 2018 to September 1, 2019.)
- First Grade: All students must be at least age 6 by September 1 of the school year in which the parent/guardian seeks enrollment in first grade.
District Expulsion: Students who have been expelled from the Charter School’s authorizing district (Temecula Valley Unified School District), where the expulsion order states they must attend a specific school, are not eligible to be admitted to the Charter School.
A student’s age must not to exceed the age of 19, unless the student was continuously enrolled in public school prior to age 19 and the student is being served under the term of an Individualized Education Program, and/or the school or program qualifies for an exemption from the general prohibition on serving students over age 19 and in accordance with the California Education Code §§ 48010, 48011, 48210 and 47612.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR MORE THAN ONE CHILD? After submitting your first application, go back to the TPS website home page, click on the “Apply Now” tab (which brings you to this page) and click on the blue button below. A blank application will be provided.
- If you are applying for same-grade siblings, the email you use must be the same.
Lottery Application and Lottery Pull Q&A
You will receive a generic email response stating that your application was received. All applicants will start receiving communications from TPS starting in early to mid April. The email will ask you to review important application information for accuracy and share lottery pull date details. Unfortunately Yahoo has blocked many of our bulk emails from being received. Check back on this page to see what you may have missed if you do not receive an email by mid April.
The lottery pull is scheduled for April 30, 2024 starting at 9:30 AM at Temecula Preparatory School. You are NOT required to attend the lottery pull and there is NO preference given in how applicants are pulled, based on attendance.
Since TPS always has more applicants than we have spots for enrollment, the lottery pull is to establish the waiting list for each grade-level. Every applicant who applies is part of the lottery pull. The number the applicant is pulled, is the number they are placed on the waiting list for the grade-level applied for.
All information used to pull the lottery, including your child’s grade level, is from the information you provided on the lottery application. Unfortunately, if you submitted the incorrect grade level, we cannot move your child to the correct grade-level waiting list and give them the same number as they were pulled in the lottery. We can move your child to the bottom of the waiting list in the correct grade, if you request us to do so. If you find this is the case after the lottery pull is completed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your request. Please make sure to include your child’s full name (or identification code) and the grade level that you would like us to move the child to.
No. If you are not contacted in May, that does not mean that a spot will not become available to you in the upcoming weeks, throughout the summer, or during the school year for which you applied if a vacancy occurs. We fill spots as they become available. We always suggest that you keep an open mind about taking a spot during the school year, especially if you have a higher number (1 is the best number on the waiting list for each grade-level and the farther away from number 1 that you are, the less likely it is that we will get to your number).
Since applicants are pulled by grade-level and NOT by family, it is very possible this could happen. Please remember that if you choose to decline a spot because your other children have not been offered a spot and in the future another spot is offered to another child in your family, we cannot go back and reinstate the status of the spot you declined.
We currently have one TK class of 20, three kindergarten classes with 24 students in each class, and three classes of grade 1 through 6 (grade 1 has 25 students in each class and each grade-level goes up by 1 with 6th grade being at 30). Remember that students who are currently enrolled at TPS automatically rollover to the next grade level. Spots are offered based on vacancies due to the increase in class size from grade to grade or because a student leaves TPS. TK does not have any students feeding into that class. PLEASE NOTE: Sometimes there is a need to retain students in K-6. To use kindergarten as an example, just because we do not have anyone feeding into kindergarten, there could be students who would benefit by repeating this grade-level and therefore, we would not be able to offer all 72 spots. In grades 7 through 12, we have approximately 90 students in each grade-level. We will offer all available spots in each grade-level based on what we have available.
We will begin offering available spots, via email and/or phone call approximately one week after the lottery pull date. This process can take some time. Each family is given a specific amount of time to respond to our offer.
- The waiting list starts with #1 for each grade level. Open spots are filled by contacting the first name on the waiting list (#1) until all available spots are filled.
- Spots are first offered via email to the email that you created your application with. The applicant is given 48 hours to respond. We then call the applicant and give an additional 24 hours to respond and a deadline to contact us to accept enrollment.
- If a parent declines a spot, we move on to the next number. If a parent does not respond to our offer of enrollment by the designated deadline, we move on the next number
Unfortunately, it is impossible to let you know how many spots there are available for each grade-level at this time. With the exception of Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and this year’s Kindergarten class, there are typically very few spots available. Our TK class does not have students feeding into it and since there is only one TK class feeding into three kindergarten classes, there are only a small number feeding into kindergarten. All other grade-levels already have students rolling over into their next grade-level. The spots available for 1st through 12th grade are based on whether a currently enrolled student is not returning to our school in the Fall or because there is an increase in our maximum class size from one grade to the next. Very often, the two weeks prior to our school start date is when we have the most movement.
No. Once the lottery is pulled, we cannot change it. We cannot put a child in front of another child on the waiting list once the waiting list is established. If one of your children is enrolled, you are welcome to apply for your other children for the next school year as siblings. This will give them priority in the lottery year you are applying for.
2023-24 Lottery Applicant Communications
On this date, the following information was provided via email. If you did not receive an email, please email us at email@example.com.
Dear [FAMILY NAME],
Thank you for your interest in Temecula Preparatory School and for applying for the 2023-24 lottery As we prepare for the upcoming lottery pull, please take a moment to review your child’s lottery application details, lottery pull details, and general information. If the information is correct, no further action is required. If you have any lottery questions, please do not call our school office, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Name: [CHILD’S NAME]
Birthdate: [CHILD’S BIRTHDATE
Category Details: Entering [CHILD’S GRADE FOR 2023-24] /[CATEGORY]
Student ID Code: [CHILD’S ID CODE] (YOU WILL NEED THIS CODE TO CHECK YOUR CHILD’S LOTTERY PULL RESULTS)
1. If your child does not meet the age requirements for Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten or 1st grade, they will automatically be removed from the lottery pull.
2. If your child’s personal information or category details are not correct, please update your application no later than Friday, April 24, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.**
3. If you no longer wish to have your child pulled in the lottery pull for the 2023-24 school year, please email email@example.com with your child’s name and a statement reflecting that you would like them to be removed from the lottery pull no later than Monday, April 24, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.
**Unverifiable or incorrect information will result in automatic placement at the bottom of the lottery wait list. If you applied for the wrong grade-level and the lottery is pulled, the only thing we can do is place your child at the bottom of the correct grade-level’s waiting list.**
You can update your information by performing one of the following:
1. Click on the following link to sign in to our registration system and update your application: http://email.mailgun.
2. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you. Please do not call the school office.
LOTTERY PULL INFORMATION:
We will be hosting the lottery pull, in person, on Friday, April 28th, starting at 9:30 a.m. Applicants are NOT required to attend the lottery pull and there is NO preference given in how applicants are pulled, based on attendance. Our doors will open at 9:00 a.m. in the Temecula Preparatory School’s Multi-Purpose Room (MPR). You will need your child’s ID code listed above. We will not be displaying any of your child’s personal information, only the identification code. Being pulled in the lottery does NOT mean that we will be able to offer you enrollment. All applicants are pulled in the lottery. The lottery pull will tell you where your child is on the list for their grade-level. We will not be offering spots on the day of the lottery. There is more information provided below.
Within a week of the lottery pull, ALL parents will receive a separate email for each child that you submitted an application for. The email will provide the number they were pulled in the lottery, for the grade-level you applied for. Please review the following about the after lottery pull email:
1. The email you receive from email@example.com, with the subject line ‘Lottery Pull Information – Temecula Preparatory School’ is simply to let you know what number your child was pulled in the lottery process. It does NOT mean your child has a spot for enrollment.
2. TPS staff will begin reaching out to the parents of students we do have room for as soon as possible. This communication will come via email and/or phone call using the information you provided on your application. This communication will very specifically indicate that we are offering your child a spot for the 2023-24 school year. This process can take some time, so we appreciate your patience.
3. There will be additional information provided to you in the ‘Lottery Pull Information’ email, but if you do have any questions at this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you as quickly as possible.
On this date, the following information was provided via email. If you did not receive an email, please email us at email@example.com with your child’s individual code or their name and grade level which you applied for them.
Thank you for applying for the 2023-24 school year at Temecula Preparatory School! We truly appreciate your interest and support of our school.
The purpose of this email is simply to let you know what number your child was pulled in the lottery for the grade level you applied for. IT IS NOT AN OFFER OF ENROLLMENT.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
The information provided below, from left to right, will show the applicant’s grade level, first and last name, and the number they were pulled for grade level. Please note that the grade level in the information below is the grade level you provided on your application. Unfortunately, if you submitted the incorrect grade level, we can only move your child to the bottom of the correct grade level waiting list, if you request it.
** Grade – ** [first name] ** [last name] – #** on the waiting list for the listed grade-level
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you as soon as possible. Please note that during this very busy time, our response may not be immediate. Please do not call our school office for lottery questions. Lottery questions are only answered via email. Thank you in advance for your patience! Here are a few things to keep in mind regarding the waiting list and how the process of offering spots works:
- The lottery pull is conducted when there are more applicants than openings in grade-levels. The lottery pull includes all applicants who applied for the 2023-24 school year and the lottery pull establishes the waiting list for each grade-level. All applicants were pulled by grade-level and category.
- We will begin offering available spots to families, via email, as soon as possible, starting with #1 on each grade level’s list. Open spots are filled by contacting the first name on the waiting list (#1) until all available spots are filled. Again, this email is NOT an offer of enrollment. Offers of enrollment will be sent in a separate and specific email.
- Each family is given two business days (48 hours) to respond to an offer of enrollment that is sent to the email address you provided on your application. If no contact has been made within the two business days, a phone call will be placed to the first phone number you provided on your application and one additional business day (24 hours) will be allowed for your response. Once this deadline passes or a parent declines the spot, we remove the applicant from our waiting list and move on to the next person on the waiting list. Please check your email and voicemail regularly.
- If you are not contacted in May, that does not mean a spot won’t become available in the future. We fill spots as they become available through the summer weeks and throughout the school year that you applied for. We always suggest that you keep an open mind about taking a spot during the school year, especially if you have a higher number.
- With the exception of Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten and 9th grade, initially there are few spots available. Very often, the two weeks prior to our school start date is when we have the most movement.
- Keep in mind that if you have multiple children on the waiting list for different grade levels, you could be offered a spot for one child and not the other(s). Remember, applicants are pulled by grade level, not by family. If you decline a spot that is offered and then in the future another spot is offered to another child in your family, we cannot go back and reinstate your previously offered spot.