2019-20 Lottery Applicants
If you submitted a lottery application by the 2019-20 deadline, the following may be helpful information:
UPDATE (4/15/19): We are currently working through some technical difficulties with sending the email referred to in the first bullet below to Yahoo email addresses and we have also noted that many applicants are only receiving information for one child, even when they applied for multiple children. We ask for your patience while these kinks are worked out.
· By April 15th, you will be receiving an email from TPS with important information about your application and lottery pull information. The subject line in the email will read, “TPS Lottery Pull Code ###### and Reminder”. Please check your spam if you do not see this email.
· The lottery pull will take place on April 30th at 9:30 a.m. in our Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) at 35777 Abelia Street, Winchester. Attending the lottery pull is not mandatory and does not affect the way your child is pulled in the lottery.
· All applicants will receive an email within a few days of the lottery pull which provides what number your child was pulled in the grade level you applied for.
· We will begin offering available spots to families, via email, as soon as possible after the lottery pull. The waiting list starts with #1 for each grade level. Open spots are filled by contacting the first name on the waiting list (#1) until all available spots are filled.
· Each family is given two business days (48 hours) to respond to an offer of enrollment that is sent to the email address you provided on your application. If no contact has been made within the two business days, a phone call will be placed to the primary phone number you provided on your application and one additional business day (24 hours) will be allowed for your response. Once this deadline passes or a parent declines the spot, we remove the applicant from our waiting list and move on to the next person on the waiting list.
· If you are not contacted in May, that does not mean that a spot will not become available to you in the future. We fill spots as they become available, through the summer weeks, and throughout the school year that you applied for.
· With the exception of kindergarten, initially there are few spots available. Very often, the two weeks prior to our school start date is when we have the most movement. Our 2019-20
· We ask you to keep in mind that if you have multiple children on the waiting list in different grade levels, that potentially you could be offered a spot for one child and not the other(s). Remember, applicants are pulled by grade level, not by family. If you decline a spot that is offered and then in the future another spot is offered to another child in your family, we cannot go back and reinstate the status of the child you declined.