College & Career Counselor | Rachel Lemkau
After growing up in the Temecula valley, Mrs. Rachael Lemkau earned her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington. She then matriculated to Azusa Pacific University where she earned her Master of Arts in Educational Counseling and PPS Credential. While working as an admissions officer, Rachael realized she wanted to support high school students through the application process instead of deciding their fate, and consequently earned a College Counseling Certificate from UCSD Extension. She has been working with college-bound students for over five years and specializes in personal statement coaching, final college choice selection, and financial aid counseling. This year as the College Advisor at Temecula Preparatory School, she will be helping 11th and 12th grade families navigate the complex and exciting world of college applications.
Mrs. Lemkau will support students and families through:
- College and Career Planning
- College Selection and Application Support
- Academic Advising
- Collaboration with the higher education community
College Prep Website
- Naviance – Naviance is an American college and career software provider that partners with high schools and other K-12 institutions to provide students college planning and career assessment tools. It provides students with a variety of features, including college research and matching tools, course planning, career assessment and personality tests, and surveys to help students connect what they are doing in school to what they would like to do once they complete their education. Students can use Naviance to obtain transcripts.
- ACT – This site is for ACT registration, college and career planning, and financial aid.
- College Board – College Board provides students with test preparation, registration for the SAT, college search engine, financial aid resources, and much more!
- College Scorecard – This is a great way to compare colleges based on cost of attendance, graduation rates, and average salary after attending.
If you are interested in playing sports at the college level, please visit these websites to get specific information:
- NAIA – NAIA colleges and universities provide 60,000 student-athletes just like you with opportunities to play college sports, earn $500 million in scholarships and compete in 23 national championships.
- NCAA – The National Collegiate Athletic Association is a membership-driven organization dedicated to safeguarding the well-being of student-athletes and equipping them with the skills to succeed on the playing field, in the classroom and throughout life.
We utilize Remind as a communication tool to reach students and parents regarding college and career information. Please contact Mrs. Lemkau for the access code for each specific grade level.