Upper School Student Check-In & 7th Grade/New Student Orientation Information
FRIDAY, AUGUST 9TH
Please note: We are still waiting on a couple details before we send the Upper School Check-In email. The email will go out no later than Monday, August 5th, so PLEASE check the email for full details!
FRIDAY – August 9th
12th Grade Check-In from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Returning Students Only
11th Grade Check-In from 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Returning Students Only
10th Grade Check-In from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Returning Students Only
9th Grade Check-In from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Returning Students Only
8th Grade Check-In from 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Returning Students Only
All incoming 7th grade students and all 8th-12th grade students who have not previously attended TPS will have check-in and orientation from 3:45-5:45 p.m.
REMINDER: Washington Street, from E. Benton Road to Abelia Street, is closed. Please click here for a detour map. There are also helpful orange signs to highlight detour routes.
Students should report to the Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) for Check-In
- Parents are welcome to attend check-in, however parent attendance is not required. Please note that ending times are an estimation.
- As check-in and orientations are not part of a school day, students do not need to wear school dress code attire.
- Forms – In order to expedite the check-in process, please print and complete any required forms or optional forms that you may need prior to check-in and bring with you.
- Payments through our online webstore are highly encouraged and “optional opportunities” listed below are available now or will be available online soon. Cash, checks (payable to “TPS Foundation”, and credit cards are accepted for payment on the 9th as well. One check is suitable for all purchases (with the exception of optional spirit wear).
- New TPS families – Unfortunately, our system will not be ready in time to set up your student’s webstore account for payments, however all acceptable payment types will be available to you at check-in. The webstore option will be available to you as soon as possible after school begins.
During Check-In students will be processed through the areas below:
Class Schedule Pick Up – Students will pick up their class schedule and move on to the next step. Please note:
- Schedule changes will not be made at check-in. Schedule change forms will be available for students to fill out and leave for the school counselor starting on the first day of school. Students will have the opportunity to request schedule changes during the first two weeks of school.
- Unfortunately, if your child’s enrollment has not been verified with the completion of the 2019-20 registration process, we will not be able to provide a class schedule until enrollment is complete. (Parents have been contacted directly via email if registration has not been completed.)
OPTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES & INFORMATION:
Submit Student Parking Permits – If your student will be parking on campus during school hours, please complete a Parking Permit Application and bring the copies of the required documents to check-in. Student parking spots are reserved for students from 6:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. If a student is not in their spot fifteen (15) minutes after the final morning bell, the spot is open to anyone after that time. Student parking spots (including senior spots) may not be “reserved” with any items (such as cones) at any time.
Senior Parking Spot Purchase– $25. This option is available to seniors who qualify to have a senior spot only. (Please review the application and personalization forms.) Seniors can also purchase a senior ASB card, which includes a senior parking spot (see ASB card purchase information below). Seniors who purchase a parking spot will have a designated parking spot assigned to them, which they will be able to personalize. Seniors must have a Parking Permit Application form and Senior Parking Space Personalization form submitted and approved.
ASB Card Purchase
ASB cards provide discounts throughout the school year at student activities. Please click here for information on card discounts. Don’t forget to get your photo taken for your ASB card.
- 12th grade purchase price is $55 (this price includes a senior parking spot). If you do not wish to purchase or do not qualify to purchase a senior parking spot at this time, ASB cards are $45. An additional $10 will be charged for your senior parking spot if purchased later.
- 9th -11th grade purchase price is $45
- 7th & 8th grade purchase price is $35
- Lockers are optional. Policies are outlined in the “Locker Policy – Permission & Waiver” form. Students must present this form in order to receive a locker assignment. This form must also be submitted if you do not wish for your child to use a TPS locker.
All students will be assigned to lockers by the TPS staff. 12th grade students will be assigned an individual locker and grades 8-11 will be assigned a locker with another student.
Yearbooks – Purchase a 2019-20 yearbook at the lowest price of the year for $50. (K-6 yearbooks will start at $30).
School Planners – Planners will be provided to students in grades 7 through 9 during Advisory class the first week of school.
Athletics – Athletic information for fall sports will be available.
Upper School AP Students . . . Summer is coming to a close. Don’t forget to check your AP summer assignments!
Save the Date: The High School ASB will be hosting a back to school Movie Night on August 16th for 7th through 12th grade. Please click here for details.
As a reminder, please click HERE to review the bell schedule and student calendar for 2019-20.